Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The book fairy

I just stumbled upon a delightful children's book, The Incredible Book Eating Boy. I could not resist the whimsical illustrations and loved the story's message. I purchased a copy for my favorite little man and decided to give it to him in a special way. I have been wanting to make a treasure hunt for Elijah and thought the book would be a perfect prize. I wrote simple clues, tucked them into envelopes labeled "Treasure Hunt" and hid throughout the house. Elijah caught on right away and it was fun to watch him trying to make sense of the clues.
Elijah seemed to think his elephant had hidden the envelopes. Upon opening the book, he announced that it had been hidden by his kitty cat.
He loved the story and was especially amused upon discovering that someone had taken a chomp out of the book's back cover. It's been less than a week and Elijah is already requesting that I make him another treasure hunt. It seems that he now thinks that Mommy is the Book Fairy. I keep telling him otherwise, but I think he's on to me.

1 comment:

Anna and Dell said...

so cute. I may steal your idea.