Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring

The first spring flowers have bravely poked out of the ground and sandbox season is in full swing. Elijah and I spent a good bit of the weekend excavating at our favorite sandy spot. We always bring three buckets, a green shovel, a pink rake and big dump truck. The truck is part of a $5 set of plastic sand toys purchased two summers back. The green wheels are well worn and the cargo bay requires frequent repairs, but it is always a hit with the five and under crowd. I like to bring alot of toys because it affords Elijah the opportunity to practice sharing with other kids. We've also been working on the concept of trading, "Can I have the green shovel please? I'll give you the pink one!" Elijah still love the swings, and he even went down the slide today!! It's been about a year since he's shown any interest in sliding, and I was quite proud to see him fly down into a pile of woodchips.

I am so happy that spring is here!! Elijah's third year has brought about some unique challenges, and we are all happier when he has plenty of time to run wild in the park. His constant need for movement has caused a few injuries to Mommy and Daddy. That said, he is exceedingly affectionate. He loves to kiss us, and "hold me" is one of his most frequent requests.
Just two more months until I begin residency and I am savoring every day with my little pal.

1 comment:

Anna and Dell said...

I loved this post. Your prose and photography are fabulous. I wish we were there with you. Dell just found out he was accepted into an academic thingamabob that will either get him to Chicago or San Diego for a radiology conference. Here's hoping it's Chicago!