I am now in the midst of a glorious two and half week hiatus from the working world. Elijah's last day of kindergarten was my last official day at UIC, very fitting as he started preschool on the first day of my residency. Last weekend, we took the kids up to a great B&B in Elkhorn, Wisconsin. We loved wandering around the grounds, swimming in the pool and reading magazines while the kiddos napped. Anne has shown a pronounced interest in all things water-related. The inn had a gorgeous koi pond and she was holding a small rubber ball while we were walking towards it. Fearful that she might throw the ball in, I took the ball from her and momentarily turned around to throw it in the other direction. I turned back in time to see her leap into the pond!! She was entirely submerged with the exception of her little tush and a few curls of hair. I grabbed her by the waist band of her pajama pants and quickly yanked her out. She was only mildly distressed and eager to revisit the pond throughout the remainder of our trip. Elijah continues to be reclusive when it comes to the camera, but here are some photos of Anne meandering around. I was able to get a quick shot of him giving Amiel his father's day card too!
No comments:
Post a Comment