The temperature has been consistently above 90 for weeks, but my summer is just now kicking off. July is always busy at work as the new interns show up and someone needs to train them. I worked three weekend shifts last month and seemed to spend much of my remaining free time sleeping or stressing. Now that it is August, I am settled into my new (third year) schedule and my call responsibilities are significantly improved. Morning sickness is gone and I even have round belly to show for it.

It finally felt like summer when I ate a juicy peach this afternoon. It really felt like summer when packed up our lawn chairs and took Elijah to see a movie in the park tonight. The
Chicago Park District erects giant movie screens throughout the city all summer long. The films are free and tonight they screened Shrek Forever After. Elijah had never seen a movie on the big screen and we've never let him have popcorn either, of course he loved both. The movie was funny, but the balmy night and carefree atmosphere made for a perfect evening. I loved watching Elijah sit in his little chair and laugh out loud. So many more for summer things to do and I can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment