My mom was a writer and instilled within me an appreciation for language. When I was in elementary school, mom once made me a sticker chart with daily assignments. I only recall only one of the daily tasks, learn a new word. Now that I have my own little one, I love trying to weave new words into his vocabulary.
While discussing a recipe this evening, I said "comprise." Elijah asked what it meant and I decided to use our family as an example. "Our family is comprised of four people. Daddy, Mommy, Elephant and you," I said. Elijah quickly corrected me. "Six people," he said counting on his fingers. "Daddy, Mommy, Elephant, Blue Dog, Roscoe Village and Elijah," he announced with a smile.
While discussing a recipe this evening, I said "comprise." Elijah asked what it meant and I decided to use our family as an example. "Our family is comprised of four people. Daddy, Mommy, Elephant and you," I said. Elijah quickly corrected me. "Six people," he said counting on his fingers. "Daddy, Mommy, Elephant, Blue Dog, Roscoe Village and Elijah," he announced with a smile.
1 comment:
I love the idea of learning a new word! And who may I ask is roscoe village? I miss you and your sweet family!
Post a Comment