It looks as though we are going to be homeless for awhile longer, but that's ok. The little ranch in Evanston seemed nearly perfect but our trusted inspector found well over $50,000 of neccessary repairs. We would have happily spent half that amount to update the kitchen, refinish the floors and repaint the place. Thankfully, Amiel and I are typically on the same page in such matters and both agreed to resume the house hunt.
Other updates? Elijah is fantastic and will be turning four in just a few weeks. He wanted to be a "kitty cat" Halloween but just informed us that he will be a dolphin instead. I've had no time to work on his costume (major source of guilt) and am hoping he will go back to the original plan as a sea mammal is beyond the scope of my costuming expertise. Business has picked up for Amiel and he is charming as always. He is enjoying his new iPhone and has taken some cute videos of Elijah with it (stay tuned).
As for me, I have a miserable cold and lost my voice. I felt bad to take a sick day (again with the guilt) but I really cannot work as I am coughing up all sorts of unpleasantries and even whispering is painful. Being sick is irksome, but I really can't complain. In truth, it was nice to be home today. I made matzo ball soup, gargled salt water, drank anti-oxidant potions and scouted out properties online. I even started a new book and took a much needed nap. Our laundry basket is brimming but I somehow convinced myself that I didn't have the strength to haul it down to the laundry room. I am so accustomed to running around that it was nice to have a legitimate excuse to slow down for the day.
2 comments:
I personally think being homeless is nice- at least for a while... Good luck with your search! Love the blog!
Erica
AND feel better!!
Post a Comment