Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cheerios

Elijah was sporting a Cheerio bracelet when I went to pick him up from school today. He was eager to make one for me, but a little girl knocked over his styrofoam bowl and the crunchy rounds went flying to the floor. After helping to scoop them up, I started chatting with his teacher Betsy. I saw Elijah puttering at the sink, but didn't think anything of it as he seems to delight in hand washing these days. When it was time to leave, I approached the sink and suppressed my urge to laugh. Elijah's bowl was full of water. The Cheerios were floating inside and he was happily popping them into his mouth. "Elijah! What are you doing?" I exclaimed. "We don't eat Cheerios off the floor." Bewildered, Elijah shrugged his shoulders and ate a few more. "But I just washed them," he replied.

No comments: