I am scheduled to take my boards next week and am quite happy to spend my days taking practice exams. The nearby public library has proven to be an excellent study spot. It is very quiet and sunny. There are clean bathrooms, a water fountain and free Wifi. My only problem is adherence to the library's strict rules. Yesterday I was asked to remove my water bottle from the table as all food and drinks are forbidden (fair enough). Later in the afternoon, I became drowsy and rested my head beside my laptop. I dozed off and was abruptly awakened by a loud thump on my table. Apparently sleeping is also banned. The kindly security woman has already reprimanded me twice today, once for propping my feet on a nearby chair and once for slipping off my sandals. I had been surreptitiously snacking on Cheerios but have decided it is too risky.
Thankfully I am in the heart of Lakeview and walking distance from many inexpensive restaurants. I tried a vegetarian Lebanese place yesterday and it was perfect. They have a huge salad bar, and I piled my falafil sandwich high with various pickles, spiced tahini, cabbage salad and jerusalem salad. Pure happiness.
Thankfully I am in the heart of Lakeview and walking distance from many inexpensive restaurants. I tried a vegetarian Lebanese place yesterday and it was perfect. They have a huge salad bar, and I piled my falafil sandwich high with various pickles, spiced tahini, cabbage salad and jerusalem salad. Pure happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment