Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Wisconsin

I am now in the midst of a glorious two week vacation, and I don't miss work one bit. Just being home is vacation enough for me, but knew prying Amiel out of the office for three consecutive days would require us to leave Chicago. As much as I complained about living there, Wisconsin makes for a perfect weekend getaway. We found a great hotel in Delafield, and spent the weekend eating, resting and being outside. Elijah thoroughly enjoyed the hotel experience. He swooned over the lobby's antique clocks and loved using the keycard to open our door.

Hiking at Lapham Peak State Park
I was so happy to be outside!

Elijah soaks up the good life. Eating cold pizza and watching cartoons in Mommy and Daddy's comfy bed.
We had a great time at Old World Wisconsin, an outdoor museum featuring restored nineteenth century homes of different Wisconsin immigrants. Here Elijah and Amiel play with a wooden top.
Wagon wheels outside the blacksmith shop
A garden outside one of the German farms.
Elijah got to feed the lambs clover flowers.

1 comment:

Anna and Dell said...

I love old world wisconsin and lapham peak state park. I have so many great memories of those places. How I wish we could have been there with you! So glad you got a vacation too. Vacations are the BEST!