Leave it to my Dad to choose a toy which blares "CATERPILLAR POWER!" and plays heavy metal guitar solos. "Is it driving you crazy yet?" Dad eagerly inquired. Thankfully the toy is not as annoying had he'd hoped for. Most importantly... Elijah loves it!
Elijah loves his toys and often prefers them to me. Yesterday we were reading books on the couch when he got bored and started looking for something new to do. He was clearly disinterested in me, so I decided to pull out a cookbook and make a grocery list. Within seconds he was demanding, "Close book, close book! Book on table!" I prefer not to be bossed around by a two year old, but I was kind of amused and decided to put the book down. A few minutes later, he was again busy with his toys and ignoring me. And yet, he immediately noticed when I went to retrieve the cookbook again. "No, book on table!" he shook his head as if I hadn't understood the first time. 
Elijah is wonderful at playing independently. On most nights, I am able to cook an entire meal while he cooks in his kitchen or sits at the counter with a tub of Play Dough. He's not a very demanding kid, so it's hard not to indulge him.
1 comment:
I love the pictures of Elijah playing. And I'm jealous he plays by himself. Henry does not like to be alone. And doesn't believe that any of his toys can be played with "one player." Can Elijah come offer a tutorial on how to entertain yourself to help ol cousin Henry out. Especially before the baby comes. :)
Post a Comment